In addition to the initial bibliography written by the two Principal Investigators, William Schweiker and Günter Thomas, The Enhancing Life Project scholars each prepared a bibliography with books and articles from their disciplines which they judge most important for Enhancing Life Studies. Together these form a comprehensive bibliography for The Enhancing Life Project. Check these out to get their recommendations on resources which will strengthen further the interdisciplinary conversation and collaboration inherent to Enhancing Life Studies; you may search by name or by key terms in their titles or their research areas.
Initial Bibliography of the Enhancing Life Project
William Schweiker & Günter Thomas
- Enhancing Capable Life: Transformative Change, Confidence and Creativity (Philosophy/Theology/Rel...
Pamela Sue Anderson
- The Cultural Meanings of Sustainability (Philosophy/Theology/Religious Studies)
- Government of the Self: Towards an Anthropological Rethinking of Humanity (Philosophy)
- Enhancing Life in the Aftermath of Atrocities (Theology/Religious Studies)
- Enhancing Connectivity: New Media Technologies and the Problem of Balancing Human Connectedness, ...
- The Good of Ambiguous Bodies (Philosophy/Theology/Religious Studies)
- The Price of Connection (Media, Communications, Social Theory)
- Glorious Life? (Theology/Religious Studies)
- Compassionate Human Values: Enhancing Life and Futures of Global Aging (Anthropology)
- Religion, Spirituality, and Prenatal Decision-Making (Medicine, OB/GYN, Bioethics)
- The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations: An Effective Actor for Global Dialogue? (Religion, ...
- Elemental Democracy in a Time of Ecological Emergency (Theology/Religious Studies, Ecology)
- Vulnerabilities of the Self in Confucian Thought (Theology/Religious Studies)
- Patience: A Theological Exploration (Theology/Religious Studies)
Paul Dafydd Jones
- Enhancing Life through Governmental Paternalism (Law)
- Theological Resources for Nation Building (Theology/Religious Studies)
- Consumer Wisdom: A modern virtue for a qualitatively better and more sustainable economy (Busines...
- Gandhi's Ashrams:Residential Experiments for Enhancing Life in India and South Africa (Theology/R...
- Enhancing the Lives of Youth in Foster Care (Social Work)
- The History of the Future in Mexico (History)
- Beyond Preservation: The Higher Objectives of Islamic Law and the Enhancement of Life
- Echo: The Virtues of Communication Under Constraints (Communications, Philosophy)
- Tree of Life for the Healing of the World (Theology/Religious Studies)
- Enhancing our Children’s Lives (Sociology, Social Psychology)
- Spiritual Laws and Human Flourishing (Theology/Religious Studies)
- Enhancing Life in the City: A Theology of and For Urban Nature (Theology/Religious Studies. Science)
- The Vortex of Expectations: Visions, aspirations, and the promise of human longevity research (Bi...
- Understanding the roots of the practice of female genital mutilation in Iraqi Kurdistan Region (P...
- Now and at the Hour of Our Death (Medicine, Religion, Ethics)
- Cognitive Enhancement and the Social Side Effects of Emerging Technologies (Philosophy/Theology/R...
- Jesus Christ, life-enhancing Healer and Physician (Theology/Religious Studies)